Impressions of Penns Valley
Call for submissions
We hope you are out and about in the wilds of Penns Valley! We are so lucky that we have this beautiful outdoors to enjoy during this time of social distancing and isolation. Do you love to capture the beauty that surrounds you? The Penns Valley Conservation Association (PVCA) invites you to share your experiences with us through photos, videos, artworks, sound recordings, and the written word, to spread the enjoyment of your experience with those who may not be able to get out, to preserve and share memories, and to celebrate the beauty and wonder that is Penns Valley.
What? All creative works will be of, or about, the Upper Penns Creek Watershed
Who can submit? Anyone, of any age, residing anywhere
Timeline: Works created between March 1, and July 1, 2020.
Formats: Images (photos, videos, fine art), Audio (sound recordings, soundscapes), Writing (essays, poetry, fiction, etc.)
All entries must include the name of the creator, title of work, and date of creation. If under 18, please include grade.
• Photos: submit photos by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Videos: Mount videos onto YouTube, Vimeo, etc. and submit the link by email to: email@example.com
• Fine Art: In addition to name, title and date, please include medium and size of original. Submit photo of work by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sound/Audio: Mount audio files to a site such as SoundCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, Box.com, and send the link, or for smaller files attach, and email to: email@example.com
By entering your creative work, you grant permission to the Penns Valley Conservation Association to use your work (with credit to you). Uses may include, but are not limited to: mounted or linked on their website, in printed materials such as cards, brochures, a booklet, etc. or in a public display such as a gallery exhibit.
We hope you were able to join us for the incredible webinar given by our co-presenters, Andrea Ferich and Sarah DePasquale! It was a wonderful 90-minute presentation filled with engaging content, an elderflower syrup demonstration, and a lively Question & Answer session.
What is PVCA ?
The Penns Valley Conservation Association seeks to foster an engaged community that preserves our rural way of life while protecting our natural environment. PVCA’s Mission is to serve as a steward for the natural and cultural communities in the Upper Penns Creek watershed, seeking to preserve and honor the agricultural roots of Penns Valley by protecting and conserving its waters, farmlands, forests and rural heritage. PVCA is a 230 household member organization. We envision an engaged community, where growth is balanced with support for healthy natural systems that foster the local economy. Our valley has dark night skies, clear streams, healthy forests, prosperous farms, and local jobs.
If you are interested in PVCA news – here and now – see our Facebook page.
For more in-depth information about our environment, our community, and our organization, continue browsing.
Navigating the PVCA Web site
The web site has three levels, navigated through the Organization and Return menu items:
- Welcome Center – the level you are on, provides highlights and an overview of PVCA function, activities, and results.
- Front Office provides details of our projects and activities.
- Back Office provides working materials and functions for PVCA members responsible for specific areas of activity. Access to this level is restricted.
See Site Map for a structured view of the site with links to areas. It serves as a Quick-Start Guide and a road map of the site’s overall structure.
Or, continue browsing by scrolling down or following the menus, above.