We Are Hiring!
The Penns Valley Conservation Association (PVCA) is seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to serve as the organization’s Executive Director.
Our office is located in Milheim, the hub of beautiful Penns Valley, Pennsylvania, near the convergence of waterways in the Upper Penns Creek watershed.
PVCA works closely with government agencies, private foundations and other conservation allies. PVCA has established itself as an effective and prominent community-based conservation organization.
We are seeking an Executive Director to administer our effort and to engage a large, diverse community of volunteers in conservation.
The Penns Valley Conservation Association (PVCA) is offering the opportunity to lead a progressive watershed-based nonprofit organization. Our office is located in Millheim, the hub of beautiful Penns Valley, Pennsylvania, near a convergence of waterways in the Upper Penns Creek watershed.
PVCA works closely with government agencies, private foundations and other conservation allies. PVCA has established itself as an effective and prominent community based conservation organization. For over 30 years of operation, PVCA has acted as steward for the natural and cultural communities of the upper Penns Creek watershed.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Executive Director to administer our effort and to engage a large, diverse community of volunteers in conservation. Applications will be considered beginning on October 15, 2020 and continuing until the position is filled.
The Executive Director is an employee reporting directly to the Board of Directors and is the chief administrative, financial, and fundraising officer for the organization. The Executive Director works collaboratively with the Board of Directors to achieve mission goals. The Executive Director manages other staff and volunteers.
This is a part-time salaried position with a fixed term of one year from the date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to PVCA’s mission or equivalent professional training or work experience (e.g. in nonprofit management, business, accounting, public administration). Minimum 2 years of upper level management experience with a nonprofit organization is preferred.
Professional references are required.
- A proven track record of success in a leadership position
- Experience in leading the process of strategic planning
- A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and marketing
- Excellent communication, public speaking and public relations skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in writing grant proposals
- Strong background in use of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wix.com, Canva.com); knowledge of Google Apps, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks
- IT experience with database management and basic website maintenance (WordPress, Drupal)
- An entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and a dedicated work ethic
- A valid driver’s license
- The ability to lift 25 pounds
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with a Board of Directors to achieve mission goals as defined by the Board
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Creation of fundraising strategies and activities, donor development and grant proposals
- Financial oversight, including development and implementation of the annual budget, monitoring and controlling expenses
- Grants administration including tracking budgets and expenditures, submitting reimbursement requests and providing necessary project information as per the grantor
- Supporting Board development efforts to identify, recruit new Board members and enhance the participation of the current Board
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations and management of staff
- Building PVCA ties to the community though communications such as weekly enewsletters, PVCA quarterly printed newsletter, WSOV-FM radio, social media and other means
- Representing PVCA at events and functions
- Supporting committees in volunteer development and management
How to apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, names with contact information of professional references, and two samples of your writing to Executive Director Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered beginning October 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
PVCA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.