Riversongs: A PopUp Summer Music Festival
Elk Creekside at the Millheim Fire Co. Grounds
Saturday, July 24 | 3:00 – 7:00PM
Outdoors and socially distanced!
- Great Music sponsored by Keith Early Painting will feature Eric Ian Farmer and The Triple A Blues Band
- Food and Beer provided by Elk Creek Café + Aleworks
- 50/50 Raffle
- Adventure Raffle Prize Drawing (see below)
- Door Prizes
Tickets on sale soon. Adults: $15 Kids: by donation. Proceeds benefit PVCA’s Environmental Education in the Penns Valley Schools.
Watch for details in the e-blast, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Proceeds benefit the PVCA Education programs in PV schools.
PVCA’s Adventure Raffle 2021
- Flight For Two In A Private Plane, provided by Dave Dix
- One Week In A 3 Bedroom Cottage In Maine, provided by Kat Alden and Bill Torretti. Sleeps 8 and includes lake access with canoe and kayak.
- Two Nights At Coburn On The Creek, provided by Craig and Maria Hewitt Shroyer. Located right on Elk Creek, COTC will host up to 6 people and features fishing, tubing, walking trails, and fire pit.
- Prizes to come from: Freeze Thaw Cycles, Tussey Mountain Outfitters, and The Feathered Hook
- One for $10
- 3 for $25
Prize drawing will be held at Riversongs, Saturday, July 24th. You do NOT need to be present to win.
Stay tuned for ticket outlet information!
Bike the Watershed
A Self-Guided Tour of a Few of
PVCA’s Watershed Projects
Bring your bike and tour several of PVCA’s Riparian Buffers and witness what impact they are having on the wildlife, the land, and the water quality. Map and information about each site are available below in both Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
On this tour, you will see several sites including:
- Manicured to Managed: See how Willow Springs Farm is creating space for native trees and meadow plants.
- Planting for Healing: See the Elder Grove planted by herbalist Sarah DePasquale and the rows of native medicinals and berries.
- Keep the Cows Out: See the stream bank fencing along Pine Creek’s tributaries at four farms along the route.
- Thousands of Trees: PVCA has created a young forest at Cemetery Road. See the colorful flags denoting alders and locusts that have turned this open field into a songbird haven.
To use this folder in Gaia GPS:
- Open the link above on your computer.
- Make sure you are logged in, and click “Add to My Folders” in the top left corner of the folder page.
- Open Gaia GPS on your mobile device, and the folder will sync to your app if you are logged in.
- If the folder contains any large Map downloads, you should “Resume Download” for the Maps. To do that, select the new Folder from your Folder list in the app, then select Resume Download for Maps listed in the folder.
** Special thanks to Kat Alden and Bill Torretti for biking/mapping the route for us!
- The next monthly PVCA Board Meeting will held Thursday, July 8th beginning at 6:30pm.
Due to the nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, this meeting will be held with each member attending remotely via the Zoom platform.