PVCA is hiring!
PVCA is looking for an administrative coordinator to manage the operations of the non-profit organization.
PVCA is committed to the stewardship of the natural and cultural communities in the Upper Penns Creek watershed. PVCA’s Administrative Coordinator (AC) handles the daily administrative functions of this well-established Penns Valley non-profit. The AC assists the board of directors and committee chairs, coordinates contractors and employees, and interacts with PVCA’s members, partners, government agencies, as well as the public. This is an exciting opportunity for an organized, responsible, and personable individual who wants fulfilling, part-time work on a team dedicated to the stewardship of an exceptional region.
This is an independent contractor position, which carries the following responsibilities:
- Manage incoming email, digital inquiries, and follow up communications (e.g., respond to public inquiries, refer queries to responsible PVCA individuals, and communicate regularly with the president and executive committee) (2-4 hours/week);
- Attend and manage documents for monthly board meetings (held on the third Thursday each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm) and the annual membership meeting (e.g., develop agendas, attend board meetings to take notes and produce minutes, archive records) (6-8 hours/month);
- Assist webmaster & database administrator as needed for content and contact management, financial transaction management, and communications (e.g. eblasts, newsletters) (2 hours/week);
- Support and coordinate organizational activities as needed (e.g., event coordination, governance activities, volunteer recruitment, order fulfillment) (2-4 hrs/month);
- Other duties as assigned (2-4 hours/week).
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Independence and strong work ethic
- Solid interpersonal skills and able to interact with diverse individuals
- Attention to detail and proficiency with numbers
- Experience recording and creating meeting minutes is preferable
- Proficient with Google Suites
This position is part-time, 20 hours/week, with a minimum of 10 hours required during business hours. The position will pay $20 to $25.00 per hour, depending on relevant experience, for a period of one year, renewable if all parties are satisfied.
Conditions of Satisfaction
- Communications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are answered consistently within 3 business days of their arrival in those respective inboxes, barring emergencies or other extreme extenuating circumstances, whether by forwarding to the appropriate person or by answering as a public face of PVCA.
- PVCA grant finances and reports are managed in an accurate and efficient manner, such that board or committee questions about grant balances, disbursements/reimbursements or project schedules can be answered easily and quickly.
- Assignments are received, tracked, and completed in a timely and consistent fashion (e.g., tracking how hours are spent and recorded).
As an independent contractor, the successful candidate will use their own technology (e.g., computer and mobile phone) to complete job functions. Printing, mailing, or other needs relevant to the position are covered in full by the organization. There will be a period of orientation and training to support success.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject title” by Friday, November 11th, 2022.